Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tiring day!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that we are not supposed to do nowadays? For example right now I am sitting on the couch with my legs crossed and I keep switching positions because I have heard so many times that it's bad for your legs. They say that crossing your legs is what causes varicose veins in most women. I don't know whether that's truth or myth. It's like the theory that babies have colics. Or the theory that your baby is going to have lots of hair because you are having heartburn while pregnant. I think people just say a lot of crap.
It's like everything is true, but nothing is at the same time. It's like when we give people advice. Today I heard a woman saying that the best thing to do for your child is to put him on a schedule because that way he will sleep through the night faster. It made me so confused. If what she meant is to make your baby cry until he sleeps, I so don't believe in that. I believe in loving our kids like God would love us. I believe that if God was here he would love us so much that we would be so happy. Even my doctor said that for the first 3 months you should not even think of a schedule. If your baby cries you are to feed him. They are so little that going hungry it's not healthy for them. Plus when they just came out of the womb, they are in so much need of love and nurturing. I think that I would be really selfish if I let my son or daughter just cry themselves to sleep. It's not because I am emotional. It's because we are humans and man is not meant to be alone. We all are in desperate need of love and nurturing. We love the company of another human being. And children just arrived on this earth so they need it more than anybody. After all, aren't we always looking for a better half to share life with? Don't we all like to go out and hang out in public places, or places where we are surrounded by some other type of life? So I think that our children, need the love and nurturing. They need to know that just like God would pick up and live everything to come help us, we are going to forget about the dishes, and forget about our sleep for a little bit so that we can show them love. That is how they are going to remember that they were once loved by Heavenly Father. That's how they are going to grow knowing that there is a Heavenly Father that loves them. Because when you are loved you understand what true love really is.
It's interesting how our minds can't really imagine things that we haven't felt. For example it's impossible for us to think of the concept of infinity and eternity. We can't think of that and imagine us being happy forever. It's like women that have been abused and choose an abusive spouse once they are older. If someone has never experienced true happiness, it will be hard for that person to ever fall in love with a good person that will treat them well. It's like they will be automatically attracted to someone that's going to make them experience the same amount of misery they have always felt. Because they can't even imagine true happiness. So they can't imagine things being better than how they have always been in their life.
So one more thing for the day. I remember that when we were in Nebraska we went to visit the Mormon Trail Center. What an amazing place. Something that struck me was when a sister missionary told us that just like Joseph Smith said, once you know the truth, you cannot not tell everyone. What a powerful statement. And it's true. Once we have found God, our lives will change forever. Things might get harder, but the change will be for the good.
Sorry if all these thoughts were so randomed. I just have a lot in my mind tonight! :)

No comments: