Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dear World, I am writing you today!

Good Morning America.

I woke up this morning and I couldn’t even sleep. Something kept me up and that’s when I realized that I had to come out, sit on my balcony and start typing.

It is beautiful out here. No one’s out here. It’s funny how nature sits here beautifully wide awake while for so many years I have been wanting to sleep just so that I could find some happiness. But happiness lays out here.

It’s funny how I look at all the beautiful things that we have created. All the cars and clothes. All these things that have been given to us freely by nature. Nature is free. Nature is right in front of our eyes, and we have been so disrespectful to it all these years.

People the economy isn’t down. It’s our priorities that have shifted. We think the economy is down because we don’t think we have enough. So we blame it on the absence of money so that we don’t have to feel like it is somehow our fault. Yes, if you want everything, there will never be enough money out there so that you can have it. Not even the government can produce it.

The economy isn’t down. Our priorities just have shifted. It’s not that people don’t buy. The malls are still packed. The restaurants are packed. Clothing stores are packed. Toys stores are packed. Tattoo shops are packed. Alcohol producers are making bank. Some star tweeted recently how they spent 100.000$ on booze in one night. Can you believe it? Do you know how much money that is? Do you know how many people you could feed in this world with that?

It’s funny how no one wants to have a child anymore. We claim they are too expensive. Because we think that if we have a kid we are going to have to buy him these nice clothes so that he can go to school and show that his parents are rich. We need to buy him these toys so that we can teach him that happiness comes from a piece of plastic, and we need to buy him all this formula and diapers and wipe warmers so that he’ll never cry in his lifetime. Did you know that a boob is free? And the more you give it to your baby the smarter he’ll be when he grows? And did you also know that the more you wipe your kids’ butt with a cold wipe the tougher his skin will grow to be used to the cold weather!

Meanwhile the number of dogs in our households is increasing. And the number of toys and crap that we buy them is too. Did you know that they now sell refrigerated dog food? I mean really? And please people, stop pulling me the card that there are starving kids in Africa. We like to just think that the poor are somewhere else so that we don’t have to feel bad that we are not doing anything about it? Have you read the stats lately about our country? Poverty is skyrocketing. The rich are getting richer so the poor are getting poorer.

Yes, the rich are raising their prices because people are willing to buy anyways, and the poor are getting poorer because their job has been moved to China, and there aren’t enough jobs for anyone.

We are all so stinking rich and blessed. So stop looking at what you don’t have, and start looking at what you have. I was telling my little brother yesterday how I am going to cut back on eating out so that we can save money on food to give it to people. I said that we will now only eat at a fast food twice a month and at a restaurant once a month. I felt rather silly saying that. I just thought, there are kids that are dying from starvation and here I am thinking how I can still go to a restaurant. At first I thought, I will miss my cheesecake factory. But then I thought, why would I pay 8 dollars for a slice of cake, when I can make an entire one for 6 bucks or less. And the money I save I can donate it to someone. And the entire cake that I make I will have so much of it that I can share it with at least 10 people. Plus if I go to a restaurant I need to pay a waiter, because the money that I used to buy the cake, is not being used to pay the employees, it goes straight into the owner’s pocket. And then maybe some of the rent and supplies. But yes I am pretty much paying a waiter to serve me a piece of cake that I am already overpaying for as it is.

People the world isn’t poor. It’s just that our priorities are shifting. We would rather pay for an expensive tattooed figurine on our body, than saving that money and investing it into our children’s education.

People, when was the last time you thought about saving your money rather than spending it? Because the rich are getting greedier, so if you have it, save it.

It’s funny how when God created the world he gave us the grass and the trees and the birds, and the water. Now man is exploiting these things by making us pay for it. We can’t walk on a national park without having to pay a fee for it. We can’t go look at an animal without being charged a fee by something called a zoo.

It seems like we can’t appreciate what we have anymore unless we are paying money for it. We can’t just look outside our window and see the beauty of this world. It’s like unless they are charging us for how long we look at the sky, we are not going to appreciate it. We feel that doing it for free it’s a waste of time. So we let people charge us to ski down a mountain, or to use a piece of grass. Here in Nebraska besides the fields and parks, there doesn’t seem to be a piece of land left to grow on its own unless it’s meant to be used for golfing. Yesterday with our family we ventured in our car trying to find a piece of land to have a pic nic, and we just couldn’t find one without having to pay for it. Finally we pulled into one neighborhood in a little park. It was empty. We had the whole park to ourselves. And there we had the most beautiful time of our lives.

People. I am not perfect. I know I am not. But I just know that we need to stop buying make up and start helping people. We can’t go to expensive vacations, because first of all we can’t really afford it. Second of all a vacation is not going to make us happy if we aren’t happy already. And last of all because we can’t afford to waste all this money that we have been given when there are people that merely need it to survive since we have decided to charge for everything we need in this world.

Remember that it’s not that we don’t have money. We have money. We just would rather spend it on things that don’t matter, than things that do. People would rather spend it to go golfing, buy clothes and get alcohol, than to use it wisely to do good to themselves and to the world. Remember that by doing this we are only damaging ourselves. We are here to prove to God that we will follow him no matter what. Even if that means to die and to lose everything. I can promise you that when you follow God if doesn’t matter what you have to lose. You will find the greatest happiness. We don’t have time to keep buying things and going to the shops. We need to start giving. No one is going to pay us for it. No one is going to acclaim us for it. We just need to claim it ourselves. Tell ourselves that we are going to do it even if no one will praise us for it.

I hope this isn’t getting too long. I just hope that you read it, and that this article will help you make a difference.

No comments: