Thursday, February 4, 2010

Time on my hands!!!

This past december I finally graduated from BYU. I did not walk so it is not official yet, but I did finish all of my requirements. I decided to take one more semester and just take a swimming class to get back into shape. I will walk this April though, and I actually like the idea a little better since it is usually a bigger ceremony and it won't be as cold.
Looking back, even though I had a Christmas break, I still felt really overwhelmed. I thought I had it all under control, but the first few weeks with a baby definately kept me busy. I was able to still stay up float and cook for our family and keep the house under control, but I definately felt the stretch. Now I can finally tell that I am starting to get back to normal, and Davide is starting to have a routine. I really like it because it has given me a lot more free time to do things that I really like. Also the fact that I no longer have to do busy assignments for school, has given me a lot of free time.
I was a little afraid that life after school would be boring. I was afraid that I would no longer want to dress well, and that I would relax a little too much, especially since I have a baby. But, the fact that I was conscious of it, helped me to stay in control. I made a list of things that I have always wanted to do for example, and hopefully I'll be able to accomplish them by the end of the year.
I also found more time now to dedicate to my blog. I must admit, I used to not like blogging, but now that I have more time on my hands, I find it really fun. For me it's like a little journal.

So, you might not want to read my boring posts sometimes, but for me is really therapeutic, and I like sharing some of the few things that are going on in our lives especially since I don't get the chance to see a lot of you.

Love,
Serena

3 comments:

Shalay said...

That's great that things are getting easier! Congrats to getting Davide on a schedule!! It's good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well!

Ibiam said...

Yea for free time !!!! I love my kids but once you have a routine it makes it so much easier :)

Ashley C. said...

Congratulations on graduating! It will be exciting for you to walk in April. I'm glad you are enjoying your new life as not being a student anymore. I'll look forward to updates on your blog. I love keeping mine for the same reasons you do. It's a nice outlet for me.