Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cooking Sundays

On Sunday two weeks ago, David and I decided to have what I call a cooking sunday. After church we both came home and spend a nice afternoon making pies and homemade pizza. I love cooking with David because I can get a lot more done, in a cleaner way, and I don't have to worry about needing four hands to make sure all the different steps are followed. This moments also have a special meaning to me because it is something that my parents did too. Growing up, my mom and dad would spend sometimes an entire afternoon and evening cooking meals for either holidays, guests coming, or sunday dinners. Those are some of the memories that I treasure the most because, those where the moments where I would see my parents show love to each other the most, and also talking about life and other things the most.
I really enjoied spending this day together, we do it quite often, but lately especially with school, we haven't been able to do it as much. I love spending time cooking with David though because that is when we get to talk about life, our goals and dreams, and joke together the most.



1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

Wow, that pie looks awesome!