Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Texas Lately

Hurricane Alex last week left some traces here our town. It rained for days, making lots of small lakes overflow. It didn't really hit me how bad it was until I went out on Friday afternoon. That's when we decided ti go grab some extra food in case we would be stranded for a couple of days. Since we are staying at a hotel out supplies have been minimum lately. It kept raining all the way until Sunday when we went out and saw the damage. It wasn't anything major but a lot of the roads had to be closed and some homes got some water in. Our local park is now covered in water so we won't be able to go on walks for a while.
Besides that we are safe and though the beautiful sunny days aren't back, at least is not raining anymore.
We had a strange 4th of July because of that. Seeing the damages In the city made me rather sad, and a lot of the fireworks shows had ti be cancelled. I didn't mind it as much, I think I was more sad for those who lost their cars and belongings due to this minor flood.

No comments: